We accomplished a lot of our tasks on the way to prepping for the cage and seat. We were able to finish up the sound deadening after mother nature did her worst to the adhesive bonding the heavy stuff to the chassis. A couple freezing nights in single digit temperatures made the job so much easier. Along with the sound deadening we removed the rear hatch and front windshield, remove the remaining pieces of the dash, heater core, steering wheel, removed the radiator, ac components, power steering, sun roof, photo’d all of the junk we want to sell and gutted the doors.
We started bright and early. 11am.
The cold temps outside did it’s job beautifully on the adhesive bonding the sound insulation to the floor pan. We beat on it with a hammer and it separated cleanly from the body. The seam sealer is always a bit of a problem though. A thin screw driver or pry bar does the trick when the blunt hammer had none.
All the sound deadening removed on the back deck. It felt very satisfying to have it be such a clean job. I have removed sound deadening on other cars before, and this was the easiest without the use of dry ice.
This is what the interior in the front section of the cabin looked like at the beginning of the day. By the end of our little work day, it was barren.
There was a mild case of rust rash in food well. Grinder, spray paint, bam!
Prepping for windshield removal.
I am inside chipping away at sound insulation. Leo is… doing something.
Nick removing the power steering lines to the PS pump.
AC condenser on the left was removed in one piece, and hopefully, will be enjoyed by another rx7 owner somewhere.
Nick doin’ work on the door skin. It wasn’t long before they were both done. It took longer to remove the windows and motors.
Inner door skin removed, it’s ready for door bars. The guys are considering whether to go the whole nine and take out the support still remaining in the door.
Another successful day.
Ghost edit from leo:
We might need some suspension work…